cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS3500 Canon Printer not connecting to WIFI intermittently

rhubbard9169
Apprentice

I have a TS3500 Canon printer and it keeps losing WIFI connection at my house. I have to turn the printer all the off and then back on to get it to connect. Any suggestions, thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello!
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information:
• What exact model printer are you using (usually on the top or front of the unit)?
• Do you see any error messages?
• Which version of Windows or macOS are you using?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks, and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

How far (proximity) wise is the printer from the router or wi-fi broadcast?

Is the printer losing connection due to distance or range, or is it a network configuration issue?

You can print a network configuration status page from the printer.  It will show the wireless signal strength.  If there is any doubt, move the printer closer to the wireless broadcast.  Follow these instructions:

Canon : Inkjet Manuals : TS3500 series : Printing Network Settings

If range is not a factor, and the issue gets resolved by restarting the printer, then your wireless configuration is the issue.  This can be resolved by assigning the printer a static IP address on your router.  This only has to be done once.  Moving forward the router will not assign the IP you set for the printer, making it a persistent destination on your network.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

how do I assign an ip address to the printer

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is done on your router.  Start by checking the list of attached devices.  Then look for address reservation, static IP etc.  Assign this address to the printer so it doesn't get assigned to other devices on your network.  DHCP is fine for devices that come and go, but persistent devices like a printer or network attached storage will benefit from static IP address.  

After this is done, uninstall the printer from your computer.  Reinstall as a TCP/IP printer Windows or IP printer on MAC.  This only has to be done once.  🙂

**Edit - Corrected typo

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements