cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly Can't print to either Mac - LBP6030

mw23
Apprentice

Hi - I cannot print to either of Mac all of a sudden (I printed a few days ago no problem). One is a new iMac running Monterrey, one is a probably 6 year old Macbook Air running Mojave. I have tried every single thing I can find online - deleted the printer and tried re-installing. I downloaded the latest driver. I've rebooted the printer several times, including unplugging it, moving it to a new location in the home, etc.  I did the reset printer thing in the system preferences. I deleted the actual printer manufacturer folder from my Mac library and tried re-installing the updated driver and then trying to re-add the printer. When I do that, I can only find it by ip address and then there is an error connecting to it. The printer IS connected to my wifi network (I can view it in my router settings). I can print from my iPhone to it via the Canon Business app without an issue. I can print to it via USB cable on the Macbook running Mojave. I just cannot connect to it wirelessly anymore from either Mac. No updates were done on the Macs before today. (I only did the software update for the Monterrey one once I tried everything else suggested). I'm completely at a loss - this is a recent issue (within the last few days). 

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Mw23,

If the Mac can only print via USB and can't find the printer unless you use the ip address, it looks like a drop in communication. In this situation, you can try unplugging your router from the power for 5 seconds and then plug it back in. Once the network is back up, you can try adding the printer again to see if the printer appears in the add printer window without using the ip address option. If it still does not appear, you can try moving the printer closer to the router to improve the connection. 

If the printer still does not appear in the list, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with the issue.

Announcements