cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional Print and Layout not opening images

jayhanson
Apprentice

Professional Print and Layout - PPL will not open some images (TIFF and JPEG) via File-Open or drag and drop.  Some images will open, others will not.  I am running PPL Version 1.3.6.  Mac M1 Mini 2020, Mac OS 12.0.1.   The same images that PPL will not open will open with Photoshop and Preview seamlessly.   I see other threads on this forum where users have reported the same problem but an answer was not reported.  How can I get all TIFF and JPEG images to open in PPL?

4 REPLIES 4

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the printer you have.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here.

Thanks! 

I am printing to a Canon Pro 4100.

FacitAir
Contributor

Check at the very bottom of the application for two little up arrows.  Apparently the thumbnail bar can get minimized and it will appear that nothing has opened when you open a image file.   

saidelsky
Contributor

Same problem with PPL 1.3.8.   Using PS (3+) I create my image file (8 bit tif, color or monochrome). Monochrome does not load at all even though Color mode of PPL claims Black and White Photo.  Change photo to RGB and it 'might load and show' in PPL but not today with today's image.    I had a Pixma Pro 9000 which printed great in Windows 7.  Since Canon did not upgrade drivers for it in Windows 11, I had to buy a replacement (Pro-300) which has been nothing but a pain in the b__t.  It won't print 13 x 19 directly so I have to go through PPL but then PPL does not work reliably either.  What's the story....move to Epson for reliability?

Announcements