cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print studio pro exits on start up

AllanS
Contributor

Trying to use print studio pro with Lightroom Classic 12.01 on an M1 Macbook Pro, with OS 13.0 installed and the programme exits on start-up, with the following message:
an error has occurred exiting print studio pro

How can this issue be solved?

16 REPLIES 16

I totally agree with everything you say. It’s astonishing that CANON of all companies should have such poor technical abilities to fix an issue that doesn’t seem to phase any other company, even small ones. I called them to complain for the umpteenth time, with once again no resolution. I have now resolved that Canon no longer wishes to support their customers, so I am in the process of walking away from this terrible company all together. My first step is to order a new EPSON printer. 

Oh yikes, I love my printer, and I don't want to have to replace it.  I just hate the dodgy software and spotty support from a giant multinational company that's supposed to be better than this.  

I did a firmware upgrade to my printer, after I posted here earlier, and about halfway through I realized that I was worried it wouldn't even print after that lol...

I have had my Pro-100 since 2014 and never use PSP. Tell me what you are trying to do and what software you use. I may be able to give you the steps you need ti follow. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

When using PSP,  I don't have to worry about setting up margins, borders, bleeds, any of that stuff since the plugin walks me through the print setup process - ie I set the ICC in Ps, then I match up the ICC in the printer (I use a lot of Moab papers), then I tell PSP what size/type of paper I am using and the options such as borderless become available, I pick what I want, and print.  

Of course it doesn't work quite the same way in Illustrator, but then again, I'm never going to attempt to print an 11x13 borderless image using Illustrator. 

thanks, btw, forgot to mention that in my first post

It is NOT a macOS13 problem. It's a "Canon makes crappy software and doesn't provide timely updates" problem. 

I agree with jsrideout. This happened with OS12 too. Canon “ help” has been completely worthless for me on this subject. Their “virtual assistant” is “virtually useless”. I’ve reported the issue three times through their feedback channels and never once had the courtesy of a reply. I’ve tried calling but gave up after an hour on hold. 

Announcements