cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print studio pro exits on start up

AllanS
Contributor

Trying to use print studio pro with Lightroom Classic 12.01 on an M1 Macbook Pro, with OS 13.0 installed and the programme exits on start-up, with the following message:
an error has occurred exiting print studio pro

How can this issue be solved?

16 REPLIES 16

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What exact model printer are you using (usually on the top or front of the unit)?

How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you for your response.

I am using a Canon Pixma Pro 100S, it is connected by WiFi.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It’s a problem with macOS 13. Various error display. My error says memory insufficient (I have a 1TB M2 MacBook Air). Canon needs to address. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I suspected that, but the download page for Print Studio Pro, 2.2.5 states it is compatible with Ventura.

Canon appears to be incorrect about this being compatible with Ventura. It’s the same issue that we faced when OS12 was first introduced. It took Canon months to sort that out, so I suppose that *once again* we will have to wait for Canon to get their act together. 

@AllanS wrote:

I suspected that, but the download page for Print Studio Pro, 2.2.5 states it is compatible with Ventura.

On USA support site for Pixma Pro-100  PSP isn't listed as a download for macOS 13 and on the macOS 12 page the change notes for 2.2.5 state macOS 12 added as a supported OS. I was hoping it would work, but not surprised it doesn't based on the fact that many programs don't seem to work on macOS 13 without update.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

That’s exactly correct and exactly the problem. Canon *knows* Print Studio Pro isn’t compatible with Ventura. Even though Ventura has been out for months, and even though every other major software producer has fixed any compatibility issues with Ventura, Canon is once again languishing behind everyone else. We had the same compatibility issues for months when OS12 was released. 

Im sure they are feverishly working night and day to make their software compatible with the operating system for which the developer version has been out since early summer. (You know, the version developers are supposed to use to make sure their software works so when the OS is officially released, everything continues to work 🙄). I'm guessing we'll see an update in February

Well here we are in late February and there's nothing but more of the same not working PSP on my M1 MacBook Pro running Ventura and trying to print to my Pixma Pro-100.  
When the plugin appeared like magic (finally, after installing supposedly compatible version) and telling Adobe to use Intel to open Ps, I was like "oooh, look, there's the Print Shop Pro in Automate" again...  only to have it refuse to run and exit out repeatedly.  

How hard is it for one giant company - CANON - to pay a couple of programmers to update their software to work properly with the current versions of Mac and Adobe?  Probably easier than having to research exactly what it is that needs to be done on my end to get the f**king printer to output pieces that match what I want them to do based on what the printer I purchased is supposed to do.  (borderless printing)

Announcements