cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print from Macbook to MF4890DW

ftres
Apprentice

I have an ImageClass MF4890DW.  It's connected to my home network by wired ethernet.  Wireless is turned off on the printer. I've never had an issue printing to it from any of the Windows devices in the house.

But I cannot print to it from any Apple devices (iPhone or Macbook).  It seems that I need to enable Airprint on the printer to print from Apple devices but I don't see an opton on the printer or in RemoteUI to turn AirPrint on.

I just updated the printer to the latest firmware thinking maybe AirPrint support was added in a firmware update since I got the printer (about 8 years ago).

I found https://www.helpowl.com/q/Canon/imageCLASSMF4890dw/Technical-Support/airprint-canon-imageclass-mf489... but I don't see any AirPrint settings.

Please help.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Ftres,

The MF489DW does not have airprint support so it would not connect to the iPhone. The printer does work with the Mac operating system. To use with a Mac, you can download and in stall the MF Printer Driver & Utilities for Macintosh V10.11.8 [OS X 10.11.6 - macOS 12.0.1] from the link found HERE. Once the driver has been installed, you can click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners. In printers and scanners, you can click the + at the bottom of the list to open the add printer window. You can then select the printer and then click add.

Announcements