cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro Reports Insufficient Memory

EduardoAlemao
Enthusiast

MacOs Ventura / Image PROGraf PRO 4000 / Insufficient Memory

Ok, just update my MacMini 2018 (Intel / 32Gb RAM) to MacOs Ventura.

For my surprise Print Studio Pro (or something else) is not properly working.

The message goes like this when I hit command + P inside PSP.

An error occurred while printing. Memory may be insufficient for printing.

Using the latest PSP version: 2.2.5 , and latest driver for the printer: 24.20.0.0, and the test file for that print is a small PSD (25Mb / 8bits) from a Canon 5D Marks II. Tried from Lightroom and Photoshop 2022 and 2023, all update....

Tried that using cables and WiFi. The error is always the same.

Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 17.23.31.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

imciil. As soon as my MacBook upgraded to Ventura operating system I lost Print Studio Pro. Then re-installed and it seemed to work as the image to be printed opened inPSP. However I then got the "memory insufficient" message on my CanonPro 100S. Solution wss found on Community site which was to download PSP from the Europe site (a link was shown but I can't find it now). I did just that on 3rd May 2023 and it all worked perfectly . Used PSP yesterday and it still working. suggest yo all hunt for the Canon Europe site. 

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Try to remember that from your perspective, the software may only be impacting you and your one device; when our developers create a fix on the final OS updates, they have to work on hundreds of machines for tens of thousands of users and ensure they all "just work," otherwise, we'll be flooded with calls. We don't have the resources, nor do we anticipate our users to have the patience to endure multiple update cycles because we jumped the gun on releasing software based on an OS update that wasn't finished. We hope you understand, and we do appreciate your patience while our developers are working on getting the software ready for release as quickly as they can code.

As a former developer, I completely understand that as an end-user am just one small voice and the needs of the universe far outweigh my little operation. It takes time to make sure that what you are putting out there is going to work for everyone. The only thing worse than timely updates are timely updates that don't work 👍 

However, I have a difficult time with the lack of resources argument considering Canon has a market capitalization of over $22 billion. It's is all about priorities: if existing customers are a priority, they assign more resources to it. Very simple.

Nor do I buy the blame shift argument that it's someone else's fault (in this case Apple) for changing their operating system. Somehow, every other piece of software that I use on my Mac, both business and personal, was able to handle the update just fine.

I also find it interesting that when I look at the Epson support forums regarding comparable, pro-level printers and they didn't have a whiff of issues with the latest MacOS update 🤔

The fact is that for whatever reason, Canon has made a business decision not to maintain software compatibility on the OS on which their software relies. This seems to happen EVERY time the MacOS is updated. I get it... Mac has always been the red-headed step child when it comes to business. An update will eventually be released (we're nearing 4 months so far), but everyone knows this will continue to occur... I have little faith that Canon gives a flip about what happens to their hardware and the people who rely on it after the box leaves the warehouse.

This isn’t affecting one person; it’s affecting everyone that relies on Canon software. No one using Mac OS 13 Ventura can use Print Studio Pro. I appreciate the developers trying to fix it, but honestly I don’t buy this. This has happened every time a new OS has been released and once again Canon seems to be the *only* large organization making its customers wait for months to be able to use their products again. My photography business is being seriously adversely impacted (again) by Canon. Adobe has no issues with new OS releases, neither does Epson, Sony, Nikon, etc. so what’s the reason for the persistent Canon failures? 

Latest response from Canon UK

• Downgrade your Mac
  • Buy a Windows PC
  • We probably won't be doing any more work on Print Shop Pro

Are you kidding me????.  How can yo9u decide that your not going to do anything more on Print Studio..  Are you telling us, that is it.  If so, perhaps you should get out of the business.

lconly
Apprentice

I had this problem too, looks like the 03.06.2 release of Print Studio Pro fixes the problem!

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

I too cannot get PSP to work with Ventura and Photoshop 2023, or Light Room Classic. I get different errors, and I was using 2.2.6, but none-the-less, it does't work and I have found no solution.

Here is the thread I have going on this site: 
https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Software-Networking/Print-Studio-Pro-with-Ventura-and-PS-...

I did find that I needed to run PS in Rosetta mode in order for the PSP plugin to even appear, but even after that I couldn't print, and I was getting printer not found error, even though the printer was in fact present. 

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 10.38.49 PM.png

Interesting that Canon Support in Europe said to downgrade the OS and that Canon would likely not put anymore effort into developing PSP. It's a nice print utility, and it's far better than simply trying to print from Photoshop. 

Nothing I have done has worked and I've also put a lot of time into this issue. I believe that PSP is incompatible with Ventura. 

Announcements