cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR8520 driver wont unZip

Phakodoc
Apprentice

Recently moved my Pixma TR8520 to a new location (PC) that previously had a TR 7520 on it. I have tried to download the drivers , both the full suite and also the TR8500 series MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows). Every time I try to run or install it I receive a message that "Zip file is damaged, truncated, or has been changed since it was created. If you downloaded this file, try downloading it again." I have installed a new version of WinZip, and still get the same message with every download. Its been a frustrating 3 days, and I am at the end of my brain power to rectify it. I hope someone smarter than me can help. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Phakodoc,

The error that you are experiencing could be caused if the download was corrupted and stopped.  When you attempt to download again, the file has been detected as already downloaded, so you end up executing the same corrupted file.  Also, this error can occur if the security software installed on your computer is blocking the execution of the unzipping process, unzipping some, but not all of the zipped files.

Please go to a different computer and download "TR8500 series MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)".  Once saved, move that file to a USB drive and then connect that drive to the other computer and move the installation to that computer.  Once moved, please attempt to install.

Another way to do this would be to save the "TR8500 series MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)" file to your desktop.  Once saved, please hold down the Windows key on your keyboard, press the letter E and let both go.

In Windows Explorer, at the top, click on View.  Place a checkmark next to "File name extensions".

FNE.jpg

Once set, please go to your desktop, where "mpnp-win-tr8500-1_02-ea34_2.exe" has been saved.

Right click "mpnp-win-tr8500-1_02-ea34_2.exe" and left click on "Rename".

img001.jpg

Change the exe to zip, so the file name now reads "mpnp-win-tr8500-1_02-ea34_2.zip".  A message will appear, "Are you sure you want to change it?", click Yes.

img002.jpg

Once changed, please double click "mpnp-win-tr8500-1_02-ea34_2.zip".  Windows Explorer will open.

Drag the folder that appears to your desktop.  Files will copy.

img003.jpg

Once the file copy is complete, please double click the new folder "mpnp-win-tr8500-1_02-ea34_2" on your desktop.

Double click the DrvSetup folder.

In the DrvSetup folder, double click "Setup" to begin installation.

img004.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the input . I will try this route. I deleted all of the previous downloads and disabled Norton while working on this. I did copy the MP file on my laptop to a USB and tdied that to no avail. I did not yet rename it and will try that . I don't have explorer, rather Edge, Opera and Google. Again thank you

Success! I can’t thank you enough!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

He's referring to File Explorer, not Internet Explorer browser.

shadowsports_0-1642781303838.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. I figured that out last night, but still no luck changing the exe to zip. Will keep trying I guess.

Announcements