cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 CD

MamaWolf
Contributor

I recently acquired a new-to-me PC & I have lost the CD for my printer. I tried downloading drivers & utilities from support but it still doesn't work properly. How & where can I get the full install/setup software?

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

All the latest software and driver are available here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-s...

What isn’t working properly?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I already downloaded all of that but the scanner is not working.

Stephen

Hi, MamaWolf!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

Do you see any error messages?
Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?

Any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue.
If you're in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

MamaWolf
Contributor

I have Windows 10 & the printer is connected by USB. The error message is "A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. Code:9,230,0".

Hi,

Try remove the printer driver from your computer and then let your computer restart. After the restart, disconnect the printer usb cord and reinstall the printer driver. During the install you will be asked to connect the usb cord and the install will finish installing the drivers. 

Once the install is complete, open IJ Scan Utility and make sure the printer is listed as MX920 series and try scanning again. If the same error comes up, there may be a security feature on your computer interfering with the scanner driver and you would need to reach out to Microsoft support to have them check your device. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well. 

MamaWolf
Contributor

I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys. I tried everything each of you suggested with no luck. My daughter had the same exact printer & she finally located her setup disc. Unfortunately, I was gifted a 2-year-old gaming pc that has no DVD drive & not enough USB ports to plug in my external drive & also the printer. Long story, short, my USB hub just came in today, and the printer is installed & working properly.

Thank you all for offering your help,

MamaWolf

Announcements