cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG7500 - Error (Long Port number/string)

varxtis
Contributor

Earlier this eveing I printinted something on my Pixma MG7500 from Firefox using my Galaxy Note 9 Android phone. I don't know if it's pure coincidence, but my wife tried to print from her phone and it was having issues. Then she tried to print from her laptop and it kept coming up with an error "The printer is offline". I tried on my computer, only to get similar errors. I tried restarting the printer, clearing its wireless properties and reconnecting, and nothing. I've printed plenty of documents and images through the day right up until printing from my phone.
One thing that sticks out as definitely being different is the port number CNBJNP_D8492FDDB913. This number shows up as part of the device/printer title on the printer properties window. This number never showed up before.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? I REALLY need to address this asap. Will I need to contact Canon directly?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi varxtis,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Turn your PIXMA MG7520 on.

2.  Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.

3.  Swipe the the HOME screen from right to left and tap Setup.

4.  Tap Device settings.

5.  Tap LAN settings.

6.  Tap Confirm LAN settings.

7.  Tap Print LAN details.

8.  Tap Yes.

The network settings page will print. The name of the network that your PIXMA MG7520 is connected to is listed next to SSID.   Please make sure that your computer/laptop/mobile devices are connected to this network.  If they are not, you will experience a "printer offline" error.

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

On the sheet that printed, what is listed next to IPv4 address?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements