cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS5150 & G3420 Cannot sign in to Dropbox app in Canon Inkjet Cloud Printing Center!

CaptainMatis
Contributor

Hello everyone. I am facing the following problem: While for a long time I was using
Canon Inkjet Cloud Printing Center without any problem to send documents for printing through the dropbox app, suddenly it won't let me sign in to this app. In particular, when I enter my dropbox account credentials, it gives me the message that they are incorrect. I emphasize that the credentials are NOT wrong, I carefully enter them one by one. I also log into my dropbox account normally if I open a new tab in the browser and enter the same credentials. Also to mention that other applications such as onedrive work normally in Canon Inkjet Cloud Printing Center. Does anyone have the same problem? I am attaching screenshots. Thank you for your help!

scn 1scn 1

scn 2scn 2

scn 3scn 3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CaptainMatis
Contributor

Problem solved. Now I can use the Dropbox app and send prints remotely! Thanks Canon!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

micdabe
Apprentice

I have this problem too, whatever printer, whatever country.

It's very disappointing finding support employees that can only answer that this or that is not supported here, without taking care of customers at all, probably without even reading or elaborate on the problem itself. This, by chance could be a global service problem on the canon-dropbox interface on server side.

I read it - that's how I knew the printers weren't supported by our team here at Canon USA. If you're having a problem with the app, you'll need to have your support folks submit a ticket to resolve it with your specific printer model; otherwise, it may not be fixed properly. Even if it is server-side. If you're not in the USA, you can reach out to your country or region's support at canon.us/globalsupport

Thanks for the answer, I think this should be investigated at an higher level, One thing you can do it is to report this issue to a system level.

tarjona
Contributor

Typical Canon bad service. I have consulted everywhere and basically nobody cares. However they do know that it is a common problem. Thanks Canon you never cease to disappoint.

CaptainMatis
Contributor

Hello to the community. Unfortunately there hasn't been any suggested solution from the community so far. Due to my profession, I send a lot of prints remotely, so one of the criteria for buying printers was this feature. For a few years it worked fine. But a while ago I had to open a microsoft onedrive account since the dropbox app no ​​longer works on the Canon Inkjet Cloud Printing Center. It's a shame as Canon is not a startup company but a big and old company and I would have expected Canon to offer a bit better customer support. It's also a shame because Canon's machines are quite high quality.

guillaumer
Contributor

it looks like many models are touched by this issue. I am an owner of ts9020.

Would appreciate some answer from Canon, even not an immediate one!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Are either of you using 2Factor Authentication for added security?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

guillaumer
Contributor

I don't use 2Factor authentication.

CaptainMatis
Contributor

Problem solved. Now I can use the Dropbox app and send prints remotely! Thanks Canon!

Would you mind sharing the solution?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements