cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR7500 Can't install drivers, download unzips and goes away

nknodel
Apprentice

Trying to install the TR7500 series Full Driver & Software Package for Windows 10. I'm able to download it, I put in my administrator credentials, it unzips, and I prompted with an error saying "To install the software, you must be logged to an administrator account. Click [OK] to cancel the installation. If you are using the CD-ROM, remove it after clicking [OK]. After cancelling the installation, log in to an administrator account, then install the software."

Seems simple enough, but I sign in as Administrator and when I try installing it, I have an admin account and get the same error either way. How can I install this driver and software package?

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please try downloading/installing just the printer/scanner driver from the website to see if the same issue happens. Once the support page for the TR7520, you will want to select software and drivers then scroll down and select load more. You will want to download and install the TR7500 series MP Drivers Ver.1.02.  

If the same issue happens, try saving the "TR7500 series MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)" file to your desktop.  Once saved, please hold down the Windows key on your keyboard, press the letter E and let both go.

In Windows Explorer, at the top, click on View.  Place a checkmark next to "File name extensions".

ArthurJ_0-1689089019456.jpeg

Once set, please go to your desktop, where "mpnp-win-tr7500-1_02-ea34_2.exe" has been saved.

Right click "mpnp-win-tr7500-1_02-ea34_2.exe" and left click on "Rename".

ArthurJ_1-1689089019642.jpeg

Change the exe to zip, so the file name now reads "mpnp-win-tr7500-1_02-ea34_2.zip".  A message will appear, "Are you sure you want to change it?", click Yes.

ArthurJ_2-1689089019597.jpeg

Once changed, please double click "mpnp-win-tr8500-1_02-ea34_2.zip".  Windows Explorer will open.

Drag the folder that appears to your desktop.  Files will copy.

ArthurJ_3-1689089019487.jpeg

Once the file copy is complete, please double click the new folder "mpnp-win-tr7500-1_02-ea34_2" on your desktop.

Double click the DrvSetup folder.

In the DrvSetup folder, double click "Setup" to begin installation.

ArthurJ_4-1689089019726.jpeg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements