cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2922 won’t connect to WiFi

RustyRue
Apprentice

I had to replace modem. All other devices connected and going good. However, unable to connect MG2922 to new WiFi. I have done the trouble shooting, rebooted, modem, printer, and laptop. I have called my internet provider for help because when I call Canon support they won’t talk to me because printer is over a year old.

I am desperate to get printer to work. I have spent days on this. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it!

6 REPLIES 6

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello RustyRue,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. When you try to connect the printer to your network, do you get any specific errors or what happens?

RustyRue
Apprentice

1. Windows 10

2. When I follow the trouble shooting and use Canon PIXMA MG2922 - Cableless Setup with a Windows® computer
the screen will say connection completed and then the final screen says the printer could not be detected.

Hi RustyRue,

Please load letter sized paper in your PIXMA MG2922

Please press and hold the Stop button on your PIXMA MG2922 until the Alarm lamp flashes 15 times and then release the Stop button.

A page will print.

4 lines from the top, is your new wireless network name listed to the right of SSID?

If it is not, please reply to this message with the manufacturers name and model number of your router.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Now my Canon printer is no longer on my computer devices. When I search to add new printer, it can’t be found. I don’t understand why this is happening.

The printed sheet did provide my SSID. I already had this information. The sheet also states Wirless LAN Enabled, Connection Inactive. 
I am still unable to connect to printer. Any other ideas?

MeredithBrown71
Apprentice

I cannot get MG 2922 to connect to new Wi-Fi even though I have pressed the wireless connect button, waited for the alarm button the flash 2 times, hit the WPS button on the back of the router, waited for the wireless light to stop flashing and become a solid light however the wireless connection light never stops flashing. How do i proceed following this step?

Announcements