cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR7020 Can't scan from network

Sandman192
Contributor

Trying to scan through network from 2 different computers with same issue. Use to work fine months ago, but now I'm trying to scan from a TR-7000 copier and it goes halfway and then I get an error. 2023-05-03.pngI can still print. Well, it wouldn't print either until I unplugged the copier. First, I could see the printer stats and then I couldn't print and couldn't see the ink stats and I still can print. Single is fine since I can still print. I still can scan using the USB.

I've noticed this problem ever since I had my copier firmware updated. I also tried updating my copier drivers and still no luck.

Note: I can preview from Scan Gear, just not scan. I can't use Canon IJ Scan Utility at all.

7 REPLIES 7

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the exact TR series printer model number you are using. Also, which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS and which version) Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

I told you it's a TR-7000 and its Windows 10.

No, it's not time sensitive.

Thanks for your response, though we still need more specific information on your printer's model number.  While Canon hasn't made a printer with the specific model number "TR-7000," we do have a family of printers that are available worldwide with differing model numbers within that series.  If you bought your printer in North America, it's probably the PIXMA TR7020.  In this series, the model number appears on the front of the printer near the bottom right corner.  Please let us know what you've got down there so we can know exactly what you're working with.

It is a TR7020 with both computers running Windows 10.

This was not a problem until my printer did a firmware update from the printer. No software update at the time it won't scan and only scanning is affected.

I just unplugged the copier and had problems previwing twice and on the 3rd preview it worked using Scan Gear.

Seems like the printer times out to easly.

Sandman192
Contributor

I just did a single test. I moved the printer closer to the router and it scanned just fine with 3 out of 3 bars.

The printer shows 2 out of 3 bars from where it was before. Enough to print but not to scan. The scanner can't send 25 feet away through some walls apparently. I have a computer right next to the printer and has 4 to 5 bars using Wi-Fi and it can send just fine. There both 25 feet away from my Wi-Fi router but the scanner can't send that far. Meaning that 2 out of 3 bars from printer means nothing when it comes to sending from scanner. Weak single.😥

Can you explain to me why I can't scan at 60% single strength that is not enough for scanning but still can print just fine from computer?

Announcements