cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PIXMA G620 that cannot connect to anything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just unboxed a new Pixma G620 mega-tank printer.  Supposedly this printer is a WifI ready printer, but it only supports 2.4Ghz B & G, not even N

How do I connect this thing to my state the art Wifi6 only network?  (802.11a/h/j/ac/ax​)

All my devices are 5Ghz enabled or are connected via wired ethernet.  Even the old MG7520 had ethernet & usb.

• How do I install a digital certificate for radius authentication in this printer?
  • If radius cannot be used how do I enable WPA3 Personal/SAE or WPA3 Enterprise? (WiFi network controller does not support WPA, WPA2, or WPA2-SHA256 encryption)
  • Why doesn't this printer have a  USB port?
  • Why doesn't this printer have an ethernet interface? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It does support 2.4Ghz b/g/n

It does not support RADIUS or LDAP based authentication.

List of interfaces:

Hi-Speed USB
Wireless PictBridge
Wi-Fi® (802.11b/g/n wireless networking, 2.4 GHz)

Support | All MegaTank Inkjet Printers | PIXMA G620 Wireless MegaTank Photo All-in-One Printer | Can...

• How do I install a digital certificate for radius authentication in this printer? It's not supported
  • If radius cannot be used how do I enable WPA3 Personal/SAE or WPA3 Enterprise? (WiFi network controller does not support WPA, WPA2, or WPA2-SHA256 encryption) Printer does not support WPA3
  • Why doesn't this printer have a  USB port? It does have one
  • Why doesn't this printer have an ethernet interface? Canon lists the interfaces in the specifications.  Unfortunately, if you needed ethernet, this was the wrong printer to purchase.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It does support 2.4Ghz b/g/n

It does not support RADIUS or LDAP based authentication.

List of interfaces:

Hi-Speed USB
Wireless PictBridge
Wi-Fi® (802.11b/g/n wireless networking, 2.4 GHz)

Support | All MegaTank Inkjet Printers | PIXMA G620 Wireless MegaTank Photo All-in-One Printer | Can...

• How do I install a digital certificate for radius authentication in this printer? It's not supported
  • If radius cannot be used how do I enable WPA3 Personal/SAE or WPA3 Enterprise? (WiFi network controller does not support WPA, WPA2, or WPA2-SHA256 encryption) Printer does not support WPA3
  • Why doesn't this printer have a  USB port? It does have one
  • Why doesn't this printer have an ethernet interface? Canon lists the interfaces in the specifications.  Unfortunately, if you needed ethernet, this was the wrong printer to purchase.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Anonymous
Not applicable

I returned the printer to the place of purchase.  On the back of the printer there was a mold marking for a USB port to be installed near the power plug, but it was not punched out nor was there a USB connector.   It appears that this model no longer has a USB connection.  The replacement unit that was brought out to me had a add-on label attached to the box showing new specifications. The label had a different model number PIXMA G620(v1.2).   The new specifications did not include high-speed USB, and it specifically stated "wireless direct printing" without out mentioning 'WiFi' anywhere.  So this model seems to only supports AD-HOC connections.  My box did not have the add-on label.  The display model also did not have a USB port, nor were we able to connect the printer to any wifi network.  The only connections options in the menu were 'Access point mode settings.'

Maybe that is why this model has a retail price of $129.99 instead of the $299.99MSRP on the canon website.

I purhased a different printer with ethernet connection.  Unforunately I'm stuck with fax and a dismal excuse Canon referes to as a scanner.  The printer can do 600dpi, but the scanner is only 150dpi optical?  Really?  Most old, outdated standalone fax machines do 300dpi at least.    But I digress. 

Announcements