cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7720 Won't Prompt for Password for Wifi

amalvarez1421
Apprentice

I've just upgraded my cable modem and wifi router (Arris G36) and I'm trying to update my wifi network on my MG7720 printer. When I go into Wireless LAN Setup then Standard Setup and select my new router it says "Connecting to the wireless router..." then I get an error message saying 'Failed to connect to the wireless router" instead of prompting me for a password. 

I've never use this printer on this new wifi network so there shouldn't be a password stored. 

I've already reset all setting on the printer and it has not worked. 

Also, my router does not have a WPS button. 

Please help!

-Alicia A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I got in touch with Canon tech support. They said I needed to disable the WPA3 in my wireless network settings on my router. I did this and it worked. Next time I tried connecting it prompted me for my password.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sylkro
Apprentice

I don’t have the same printer (mine is pixma g6020) but I’m having the same issue. 

I got in touch with Canon tech support. They said I needed to disable the WPA3 in my wireless network settings on my router. I did this and it worked. Next time I tried connecting it prompted me for my password.

Thanks, I don't have WPA3 on my internet gateway. I will call again tomorrow. 

Scorpion21
Contributor

Same issue with MX340 they clearly know about this issue with multiple printer models multiple posts every week yet still the only reply i see from canon "product experts" is reset lan setting on printer or something useless like that. 

Announcements