cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF3010 Print Driver not working on Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1

florencef
Apprentice

I have been able to use MF3010 fine with my previous macbook pro, but not with my latest macbook pro 14 on OS Ventura 13.0.1. I have downloaded and installed the printer and scanner driver (the version that is compatible to macOS 10.12.6 - macOS 13.0.1) successfully from Canon, but it seems my laptop is still not able to communicate with the printer while printing.

In the Macbook system setting, macbook is able to see this printer is connected via USB, and I am able to scan document successfully with the MF toolbox. But when it comes to printing, the job always stucks at "ready to print" or "sending data to printer", and the printer light shows it is printing but not actually doing anything.

Fwiw, I have also tried the same driver on another macbook pro 13 with OS Monterey 12.6.1 and I am able to use the printer. Somehow it seems this is a Ventura specific compatible issue or maybe Macbook pro 14 compatible issue?

Anyone can suggest anything for me to try at this step?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Update: 
I did not use my printer / computer for a week or so, and tried again yesterday. Surprisingly my printer is now able to work on my macbook with Ventura 13.0.1. I am pretty sure I did not upgrade my system or changed anything my laptop, but somehow it started to work. This brought back my memory that the printer was not able to work when the first time I installed the driver on my previous macbook, but somehow it started to work on the day after. I am not sure whether there is anything that requires some time to run before the printer is able to communicate with my macbooks properly, but it does seem that way to me. All good now. 

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Based on the troubleshooting you did it seems to be an Apple issue. They have a very good support line - chat or voice.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the advice. I did not use my printer / computer for a week or so, and tried again yesterday. Surprisingly my printer is now able to work on my Macbook with Ventura 13.0.1. I am pretty sure I did not upgrade my system or changed anything my laptop, but somehow it started to work. This brought back my memory that the printer was not able to work when the first time I installed the driver on my previous Macbook, but somehow it started to work on the day after. I am not sure whether there is anything that requires some time to run before the printer is able to communicate with my macbooks properly, but it does seem that way to me. All good now. 

ahmedbintariq
Apprentice

Facing same issue, hopefully either a driver update or MacOS patch will fix this issue.

ahmedbintariq
Apprentice

Tried mine again, no luck. Still the same issue.

Announcements