cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF-462DW all-in-one - UI pass code disappeared - can't use Remote UI (Windows 11 PC)

sbonfigli
Apprentice

I verified the IP connection to ensure that did not change. I just bought and set up this printer. I set a UI code. I did connect over the network wirelessly to the printer from my Windows 11 laptop. I was able to see the interface. Today, I decided that I did not want like the UI pass code and wanted to change it. I was not able to find clear instructions on how to do this. I don't believe I ever had an "administrative" option on my printer control panel. 

I'm not sure what I did, but now when I try to access the user interface on my laptop by specifying "http://my canon printer ip address", I get the following message:

Cannot access Remote UI.
Configure a [Remote UI Access PIN], or a [System Manager ID] and [System Manager PIN] on the device.

To remove the UI code, the instruction manual indicates that I should press a symbol -- I can't figure what the symbol is nor do I find anything like it on my printer control screen. Like I mentioned, I don't see any "admin" choices on my printer control panel.

I have no access to the Remote User Interface now. I did not knowingly delete the UI passkey that I originally set. 

Where do I go from here? 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

When possible, can you please provide reference to the part of the manual where is states "to remove the UI code press symbol"

Canon - imageCLASS MF465dw / MF462dw - User's Guide (Product Manual)

Once the Remote UI code is set, it cannot be changed or removed unless you log into Remote UI.

To reset the printer, please see the following:

Initializing the Settings and Data - Canon - imageCLASS MF465dw / MF462dw - User's Guide (Product Ma...

If you do have a Remote UI PIN set and do not know the PIN, you will need to contact Canon Support. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements