cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF462dw UI pass code disappeared - can't use Remote UI (Windows 11 PC)

sbonfigli
Apprentice

I verified the IP connection to ensure that did not change. I just bought and set up this printer. I set a UI code. I did connect over the network wirelessly to the printer from my Windows 11 laptop. I was able to see the interface. Today, I decided that I did not want like the UI pass code and wanted to change it. I was not able to find clear instructions on how to do this. I don't believe I ever had an "administrative" option on my printer control panel. 

I'm not sure what I did, but now when I try to access the user interface on my laptop by specifying "http://my canon printer ip address", I get the following message:

Cannot access Remote UI.
Configure a [Remote UI Access PIN], or a [System Manager ID] and [System Manager PIN] on the device.

To remove the UI code, the instruction manual indicates that I should press a symbol -- I can't figure what the symbol is nor do I find anything like it on my printer control screen. Like I mentioned, I don't see any "admin" choices on my printer control panel.

I have no access to the Remote User Interface now. I did not knowingly delete the UI passkey that I originally set. 

Where do I go from here? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

When possible, can you please provide reference to the part of the manual where is states "to remove the UI code press symbol"

Canon - imageCLASS MF465dw / MF462dw - User's Guide (Product Manual)

Once the Remote UI code is set, it cannot be changed or removed unless you log into Remote UI.

To reset the printer, please see the following:

Initializing the Settings and Data - Canon - imageCLASS MF465dw / MF462dw - User's Guide (Product Ma...

If you do have a Remote UI PIN set and do not know the PIN, you will need to contact Canon Support. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

When possible, can you please provide reference to the part of the manual where is states "to remove the UI code press symbol"

Canon - imageCLASS MF465dw / MF462dw - User's Guide (Product Manual)

Once the Remote UI code is set, it cannot be changed or removed unless you log into Remote UI.

To reset the printer, please see the following:

Initializing the Settings and Data - Canon - imageCLASS MF465dw / MF462dw - User's Guide (Product Ma...

If you do have a Remote UI PIN set and do not know the PIN, you will need to contact Canon Support. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I spent some time searching the online manual again for the directions that referenced a symbol. I even used my cell phone magnifier to make the image bigger because I couldn't tell what it was instructing me to press. Unfortunately, I didn't save a photo of that image/page so I could find it again. 

The reset printer instruction link you provided did work today. However, yesterday it wouldn't have worked because the Menu button on the control panel was greyed out. If I pressed it, it moved back to the first menu (general) on my control panel. For whatever reason, this morning it was not greyed out and I could follow the instructions as described on the reset printer link you provided. 

I really don't understand how my Remote UI code disappeared as I was using it on day 1. On day 2 when I decided I wanted to change it without any luck, attempts to access told me I didn't have a remote UI code set and I had no means of accessing management mode on the control panel because of the greyed out menu button.  Today, day 3, the menu button was active. I have set the Remote UI to the code value I want. 

Hopefully, the newly set remote UI code doesn't disappear again. 

Announcements