cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY MB2720 Unable to fax from computer, issues with driver

smolsbee
Contributor

I went to send a fax from my desktop Word program and the option to fax was not available. I have tried to uninstall the MP Drivers several times, restarting in-between but continue to get the same message that it can't be uninstalled due to the fax driver running. I've tried about 7 differetn procedures and can't get it to work. I even tried to reinstall the software from the disk as well as the Canon download site with no resolution. I don't know what made the "Fax" printer disappear.

So now, my Canon printer isn't even showing up as a printer on the computer.

I have a MB2720 printer on Windows 10.

TIA,

Stephanie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Stephanie,

Let see if this helps.

How is your printer connected?  If wireless you can proceed.  If USB, unplug the USB connection to your computer now.  

Next, right-click on a black portion of the program bar (bottom of your desktop).  Click on Task Manager from the context menu

shadowsports_0-1701269229841.png

Select the Processes tab and look closely for any canon application or processes related to FAX.  If you have the Windows FAX and Scan feature installed, you might see that too.  Right-click on it and select end task.  Example:

shadowsports_1-1701269390165.png

Next, Open Settings > Control Panel > Device and Printers.  If you see any listings for your Canon Printer there, right-click again and select remove device from the context menu.

shadowsports_2-1701269539574.png

Now open Control Panel > Programs and Features.  Uninstall all Canon Software, applications, drivers, etc associated with your Maxify device.  

Important: Restart your computer

Now you are ready to reinstall the printer.

Use this download:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNzQwMzAy&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Follow the instructions and do not connect the printer until prompted to do so.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WILLIM
Enthusiast

Send fax from computer refer to the link below

Canon : Inkjet Manuals : Sending Faxes from Computer (Windows)

Stephen

Hi, Stephanie!

Try to reinstall all of the software from https://canon.us/ijsetup 

It will walk you through the process as if you're setting it up brand-new. 

You'll see instructions on sending a fax using a Mac HERE and Windows HERE.

I hope this helps! 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Stephanie,

Let see if this helps.

How is your printer connected?  If wireless you can proceed.  If USB, unplug the USB connection to your computer now.  

Next, right-click on a black portion of the program bar (bottom of your desktop).  Click on Task Manager from the context menu

shadowsports_0-1701269229841.png

Select the Processes tab and look closely for any canon application or processes related to FAX.  If you have the Windows FAX and Scan feature installed, you might see that too.  Right-click on it and select end task.  Example:

shadowsports_1-1701269390165.png

Next, Open Settings > Control Panel > Device and Printers.  If you see any listings for your Canon Printer there, right-click again and select remove device from the context menu.

shadowsports_2-1701269539574.png

Now open Control Panel > Programs and Features.  Uninstall all Canon Software, applications, drivers, etc associated with your Maxify device.  

Important: Restart your computer

Now you are ready to reinstall the printer.

Use this download:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNzQwMzAy&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Follow the instructions and do not connect the printer until prompted to do so.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements