cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY GX7021 No TWAIN Dialog for Duplex ADF Scanning

bkinAZ
Contributor

Apparently the automated assistant doesn't know the product name.  I get caught in a loop being asked, giving it, prompted to select a product category, told where to find the product name, being asked for the product name....endlessly, until it says please find the name and call us back.  It's "MAXIFY GX7021"- says it right on the front of the machine, on my sales invoice, etc. etc.

YES- I did register it after slugging it out with Canon's website and finally being allowed to register the machine.  (Took about 30 minutes)

I get no TWAIN dialog asking me whether to scan duplex by the ADF, or set any parameters.  I can't find a driver specifically for this (apparently unknown) machine.  Windows 10 is using the generic MS driver.  I'd like one from Canon designed for this machine.

15 REPLIES 15

Thank you for the suggestion.   I was able to get to support by calling Canon's customer service  dept. number, choosing sales, then explaining that their IVR system doesn't understand "Maxify GX-7021" as a model name.  Canon doesn't provide a scanner driver.  They use the MS-provided driver.  Their scan utility is the ONLY way to access all of the scanner's features.  They wisely chose to provide a printer driver so that we can print from other third-party software and get good results.  I wish they'd see the light with the scanner.  Using it is not too unlike trying to get support for this wonderfully designed device's software.  It's very convoluted, and incompatible with an efficient workflow.

I do appreciate you taking the time to help as you could.   I know if I have a printing issue, this is a great resource.

Now I have this eMail from Canon: "Thank you for your call.  We highly recommend that you register your product, which will help you take advantage of all your support options using our MyCanon Account system."

My product is registered, according to Canon's wesbite (and the fact that I am allowed here), the Sales guy who transferred me to Tech Support, and the Support Tech I spoke to.

C'mon Canon- try to get it together.

If by “here” you mean this forum, it has nothing to do with product registration. One doesn’t even need to have a Canon product to register for the forum. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

What I meant is that after I registered, this was one of the support options I was presented with.  I misspoke when I used the word "allowed", it is misleading.  Nevertheless, Canon still sent me the email, even though it's already registered (almost two days ago).

I downloaded and installed a trial of Paperport 14 on my system (again I'm on Windows 11, but I expect Windows 10 to be the same).  The "Select Scanner" dialog shows all my TWAIN and WIA drivers:

BenH_0-1699501148999.png

I'll be honest - I'm not sure why there are 2 WIA drivers for each local (USB) and network install, but you can see there are indeed both WIA and TWAIN drivers.  I did some quick tests and I could not figure out how to get the WIA driver to do duplex on the ADF.  However using the TWAIN driver I could get duplex by either going "settings > Scan > Source: Duplex ADF", or by choosing the option "Display scanner dialog box" to bring up ScanGear and choose the settings from there:

BenH_1-1699501563408.png

In short, I suspect that the issues are likely a problem with your particular setup then the device and/or software.  Hope you figured out another solution (it's been a year) but maybe this helps someone else!

Thanks very much for your post!  Canon has apparently added their drivers since my experience.  At that time, even support said there were none, and Canon's support line didn't even recognize the model number (Customer Service actually transferred me to Tech Support back then).   It's a great machine and I hope you enjoy it, Ben.  I love the ink reservoirs on the Canon.  After trying an Epson (which was very cheaply made and couldn't deal with paper- which is just a slight exaggeration), I got this Canon which is a quality machine.  But I had to settle for a Brother that I could actually use (but with ink cartridges, which are still a ripoff).

Announcements