cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass LBP6230dw Connecting to Wireless Router

IUColey
Apprentice

I recently got a new wifi router and switched companies. Trying to get everything switched over. I have gone to the Canon website and downloaded the drivers for my printer to work wirelessly but, now I don't know what I need to do. I still can't add the printer under my settings or guess I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Using with a new Mac desktop. Help any techies out there!?!

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, IUColey!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of macOS is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello IUColey,

If your router has a WPS button on it for connection new devices, you can connect the printer to your new router using the wifi button on the front of the printer. You can hold down the wifi button on the front of the printer for 5 seconds until the wifi indicator starts to flash and then you can press the WPS button on your router. 

If your router does not have a WPS button on it, you can connect the printer to your computer with an A to B USB cable and then you can perform the network setup using the Canon Network setup tool. The program should be in your list of installed programs under Canon Utilities. If you do not have the network tool, you can download and install it from The LBP6230 support page on our website.

Announcements