cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020 Not Multifunction on Big Sur (macOS 11.5.2)

laferrera
Apprentice

I am unable to get my new G7020 to appear as a multifunction unit (specifically, as having sacnning capabilities) over WiFi on my MacBook Pro running Big Sur (macOS 11.5.2).

I can print fine.  But it only shows up as "Bonjour" in the "Add Printer" dialog and not a multifuinction unit. I cannot see it from the newly installed Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite or from Image Capture. (For what it's worth, my MX922 shows up as "Bonjour Multifunction" and "Canon IJ Network" in the Add Printer dialog and scans without an issue.)

I have deleted and reinstalled the driver, twice.  I have power cycled the G7020. I have rebooted the router. I have tried connecting the device through East WL Connect and by manual entering my WiFi credentials.  No love.

Any ideas?  I have been rooting around the dark reaches of the manual, the Canon site and the internet for awhile, but can't seem to find a solution.

-- Joe

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Hi, Joe!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements