cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet & Wireless with MX922?

hugh71158
Apprentice

Hi,

I just bought and set up my new MX922, and read that the Ethernet and wireless connections could not be used at the same time. I'm not entirely sure what that means. 

Does it mean that if wireless is set up, and I plug in a cable, neither will work? They wont print at EXACTLY the same time? 

I have an Airport Extreme with a spare ethernet port, so attatching to that is what I would like to do, but I also print occassionally from my MacBook Pro - so the wireless would be handy.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Hugh

Hugh Anderson
http://www.photographerinc.com
4 REPLIES 4

Ebony
Rising Star

Hi hugh71158,

The printer will only allow one of the connections to be enabled at a time, so you can activate the Wireless LAN or the Wired LAN connection. Either connection will allow you to print to your devices regardless of how they are connected to your network.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is so ***!!  I have several PC's but not all of them are wireless... 

Hi DARENH,

Once your printer is connected to your home, private network, it should be discoverable by all of the devices on your network, whether your device (or the printer) is wired or wireless shouldn't matter. Using the Canon software will help make this easier, and can be downloaded HERE. If you need assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to our US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) during the week.

Would be nice but I have the wireless router and a wired lan on two different networks... so it wont work for me

Announcements