cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Canon Pixma Pro-10 to MacBook Pro using MacOS High Sierra 10.13.06

alliwhit
Apprentice

I bought this printer over a year ago and had it connected.   I then moved and just unpacked the printer.  When I try to print, I initially could see the printer but it said "not connected."  I have deleted the printer from the list of printers but now cannot find it to even add it.  I've turned everything on and off a few times.  

When I used the chat feature and asked about connecting the printer via wifi to my Macbook, I was told it is not supported.  Hum.  I'm pretty sure I did print pictures with the printer after I first bought it and installed it.  

I don't think I have a cable to connect the printer to my laptop directly and my wifi does not have the WPA button that is mentioned as an easy way to get a printer to connect.  

Does anyone have any suggestions?  

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi alliwhit,

The PRO-10 comes with a printer usb cord and that will be need to connect the printer to your network. If you no longer have the printer usb cord you will need to purchase an A to B usb cord. These cords can be found at most stores that sell electronics.

Once you have the cord, download the printer software and run the installer. A message like the picture below will appear to start the network connection.

[MASTER] Picture_PIXMA Wireless Connection Setup Page tab 2_11mac

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements