cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Canon AiO Printer To New WiFi Network

Dalan321
Apprentice

Hi, this is my first post here and I am looking for some help.  A month ago I bought the Canon TR4250 AiO printer to replace my aged HP 3830 and so far I am happy with my new Canon printer.  The setup was easy, printing and scanning are easy and fast, I think I got everything I wanted in an AiO.

I have already set my printer up to print wirelessly from my laptop through my home WiFi network and it is working as expected.  I just bought a new Wireless Router and am trying to figure how how to get the printer integrated into my home WiFi network through the new router which has a different SSID than the previous one.  I have done a couple of searches on Google and came up with about 5 different methods all of them different and I don't want to mess this up.  Can someone please give me a straightforward, easy to follow set of steps so I can get my Canon AiO connected through my new WiFi router?  Thanks everyone.

5 REPLIES 5

Porcha
Rising Star

Hello,

Did you mean the PIXMA TR4520 instead of PIXMA TR4250?

Yes, TR4520

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Canon makes this easy...

Windows:

Canon Knowledge Base - PIXMA TR4520 / TR4522 Easy Wireless Connect Setup - Windows

MAC:

Canon Knowledge Base - PIXMA TR4520 / TR4522 Easy Wireless Connect Setup - Mac

Latest Software for your device:

Support | TR Series - Inkjet | PIXMA TR4520 (TR4500 Series) | Canon USA

Note: You can also name your wireless networks whatever you want...  You don't have to use the default SSID name(s) the router manufacturer uses by default.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

All of the drivers for printing and scanning are already installed on my computer.  If I do the Easy Setup on the printer and follow the prompts will the printer see my WiFi network and then connect to my computer or is there more that I have to do?  I am not very familiar with this stuff and was a little nervous when I first bought the printer.

Running the software and updating the connection information should be all thats needed.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements