cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS8220 Change internet name/password

lunavenus
Apprentice

Hello! I recently dropped my internet provider, and am moving my printer to my boyfriend's. However, I've tried to go through the directions to change the internet name and password, however the steps in the manual do not follow the same as on the printer itself, so I'm at a loss as what to do. I'm doing this wirelessly, I do not have an ethernet cable (we live next door to each other). Is there anyway I can "reset" the printer? Thank you for any advice, I'm going crazy over here...

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS and which version).  Any 
other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. The forum is not intended for immediate support. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

Hi Tiffany! I'm running a MacBook Air MacOS Ventura13.4(22F66). It's up to date. I did try searching the knowledge base, but I'm hitting walls, tho it could just be my inability to put in the right wording to find what I need... I've been able to send what I need immediately printed to my mom so this isn't completely time sensitive~  just annoying as you know! What other information can I give? Would photos of what my printer gives me be of help? Thanks so much~

Hi Lunavenus! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that you need to connect your PIXMA TS8220 to a new Wi-Fi network.

If you need to reset your settings first, please do the following:

1. Tap on the Gear icon at the bottom of the Home screen. If you do not see the Home screen, tap on the HOME (house) symbol on the left side of the screen.
  2. Tap on DEVICE SETTINGS.
  3. Scroll down and tap on RESET SETTINGS. To scroll down, you can place your finger in the bottom of the screen and swipe upward.
  4. Select LAN SETTINGS ONLY.
  5. Tap on YES.
  6. When the settings have finished resetting, tap on the HOME (house) symbol on the left side to get out of the menu.

Here is the link to an article that will help you connect the printer to your network:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART173611

The article contains instructions for setting up the printer using the Manual Connect option. You’ll need to know the name of the Wi-Fi and the password.

I hope this information helps. Thanks again.

lunavenus
Apprentice

Hello Jay~

Thank you so much for your response! I was able to reset my printer! Success!!

I am having just one more bit of an issue, and wasn't able to figure it out with the article, or with tinkering around... and I'm not sure if I should click continue or not... It keeps giving me the same error and I've tried multiple times. I'm not sure how to get around it. The pop up says:

"Unable to communicate with the printer at this time.

Unable to connect to ‘my IP here’ due to an error. Would you still like to create the printer?"

Each time I just hit cancel and the next I type it all in a gain. I've been using the IPv4 address, but should I be using the IPv4 subnet mask or IPv4 default gateway? It doesn't allow for my MAC address... says it's invalid.

My apologies for all the questions~ I'm feeling so lost! Thank you so much for all your help so far!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi lunavenus,

So you've successfully connected your printer to the new Wi-Fi network. That's great.

Due to the network changes, it might be a good idea to uninstall and reinstall the printer on your Mac. This will just take a few minutes.  

Apple menu > system preferences > printers and scanners.

Select your canon printer in the navigation window and press the minus key (-) to delete it.  Now restart your Mac.  

Return to the printers and scanners dialog.  It's actually smart to add the device as an IP printer. You want to specify the IP address assigned by the router and give the printer a friendly name.  Assigning the printer a static or reserved IP address is also advisable.  This is done on the router once the printer is connected.  Moving forward its IP will not change and the connection you have it set to on the computer will always work since the IP will never change, regardless of how often its used.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements