cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Print Studio Pro plug-in can't recognize my Pro-1000 printer driver

artgirl303
Contributor

Hi.

Sorry I'm not so tech savvy, so I'm really hoping to get some tech help?

Photoshop updated me to the 2023 version and my Canon Print Studio Pro disappeared from photoshop under the  "automate" tab.  I was able to get it added back on through photoshop support but it seems that the Canon Print Studio Pro plug-in can't find my printer driver anymore so it won't open the program?  I did all the usual updates... I updated my Apple to Ventura 13 and also downloaded the new driver For the Pro-1000 (MacOS 13) update.   

I CAN print to pro-1000 from the regular "print" tab from photoshop, my desktop as well as Canon Professional Print and Layout program but not through Print Studio Pro?  Too bad since so far it's been the best quality for my Art prints. 

After a screen share with Photoshop Customer service, they says it's def a Plug-in error?  Do you think that is the issue also?  How would I even go about addressing this issue? Is anyone else having this issue? 

$Screenshot.jpg

Thank you so much for your time     

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@artgirl303wrote:

Agreed!!! I use Red River paper also for my prints. I have the Same issue. I still haven’t found resolution. So frustrating.

I’m devastated actually, I had to close my Etsy shop since I can’t produce good prints of my artwork right now.

Adobe tried remotely to fix it and gave up, passing the buck to canon. 🙄🙄🙄

This printer was a big investment for me, I’m definitely regretting it now.

if you find resolution please please please let me know!

PSP has various layout options that can be helpful, but for a straight single image print there is no technical reason why PSP will produce better output than Ps when the Ps settings are correct. Both applications use the Canon printer driver, which does all the work.

I posted a reply to Eric where I just printed perfect output from Ps.

There are some issues on a Mac that can cause problems.

1. when you download and install the printer driver on a Mac it loads it into the operating system.

2. you can't use that printer for printing until you add it via the Printers & Scanners setting in System Preferences or System Settings (depending on macOS version).

3. a frequent problem that develops there is when the "+" add icon is selected the Apple AirPrint version of the printer appears first and folks select that. It is a limited capability driver. It is necessary to wait a few minutes for the IJ Series version of the driver to appear. I've lost count of the number of times I've posted this advice and folks find the printer now performing correctly.

Here is where the issues can develop. PSP is smart enough to find the actual Canon driver in the operating system and use it. But, if the AirPrint version of the printer is what was added, then, when you select a printer in Ps or LrC you will be using the AirPrint driver.

This may not be your problem, but I recommend 1. download and reinstall the latest version of the printer driver from the Canon support site 2. go into Printers & Scanners and delete your current printer and re-add, being sure to wait until the IJ Series driver appears It could take several minutes.

When I first got my printer in 2014 I tried PSP and ran printing tests with PSP and Photoshop and Lightroom. I saw no difference in output, so only printed directly from Ps and Lr. The only time I use PSP now is when someone posts a problem here and I try to see if I can duplicate it to assist them.

I am 100% certain that Ps will produce excellent prints when printing directly from Ps if you set everything up correctly; I just did it two hours ago to confirm.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Glad it worked out. Happy Thanksgiving.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Wow!!! Okay I’m at work now but I can’t wait to go home and try this out🙏🏽 ❤️
I’ll be in touch with the results but it will be late because I work til close tonight. Thank youuuu so much 👊🏽

🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽 Whaaaa It worked!!!!! Thank youuuu soooo much!!!!!!
I’m Back in business ❤️
I seriously can’t thank you enough 💕👊🏽
I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving .
cheers ✌🏽 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Glad it worked out for you. Happy Thanksgiving.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Eric_Ladner
Contributor

Thank you. I will double check all those steps. It had always seemed extremely odd that I couldn’t get good prints directly from Photoshop, but when PSP seemed to solve the problem I quit working on it.

🤯 Such a good point!!!! Maybe back to printer basics?

Announcements