cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX922 Printer not responding under Windows 8.1

worthingtonr
Apprentice

I have this printer wirelessly attached to my home network.  It is defined to two differenc PCs.  One is running Windows 7 with all latest updates and patches.  The other is running Windows 8.1 with the latest updates and patches.

Windows 7 runs and responds flawlessly.  Windows 8.1 will work for a day or three and then quit responding.  I have the latest driver downloaded for Windows 8.1

This is truely perplexing ... anyone else having this type of issue?

Thanks, Randy

3 REPLIES 3

worthingtonr
Apprentice

At first, I followed others that used an alcahol swab to clean the timing belt (the clear plastic strip extending the length of the printer area) because others said it worked.

Bull pituti!  That has nothing to do with the wireless operation.

More likely it was removing all power from the printer for a period of time and then plugging it back in to the power, that allowed the wireless hardware nside the printer to "reset".

However, if that does not work, simply re-cycling the wireless router ( a Linksys EA4500 in my case, with the latest firmware already installed) would be all that might additionally be required.

I have no idea why it continued to work fine from a Windows 7 PC and not the Windows 8.1 PC, but, in my case, unplugging the power to the router, waiting 30 seconds and then plugging the power back into the router was all it required.

All is fine again, on both PCs!

dMbTiger
Apprentice

Canon MX922 Printer setup wirelessly on Windows 10 desktop PC  with latest Windows updates responds to print attempt with message "Printer not responding."

worthingtonr,

Make sure that the Windows computer is on the same network as the printer.  It may be possible that the PC is on a different Wi-Fi network.

If the issue persists after the drivers have been uninstalled and reinstalled, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements