cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX490 forcing WPS setup only first before Standard Setup

bkst1989
Apprentice

My new spectrum router doesn't support WPS. When I go under the Setup Menu/Wireless LAN Steup, it wants to search for a wireless router. 5 seconds later it tells me to press the WPS button on the router which I do not have. The only option it gives after is to press okay and it will try to WPS connect for 3 minutes. After all that, I finally get the Standard Setup option where I can select the Wifi network name and punch in the passphrase to connect. I've only seen it happen once where the Standard Setup option was available before the WPS option. I just updated the firmware to see if that would fix it but it did not. Is there a fix to access Standard Setup before WPS?

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

1. The printer will search for an access point (wireless router). If a message tells you to press the WPS button on the access point, press the Stop button on the printer.

2. After it completes the search, use the left or right arrows and select Standard setup.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements