cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect Canon PIXMA MP240 on my new computer using Windows11

mariejo9
Apprentice

Hello,

I just bought a new laptop HP with Windows11 and I don't have the Canon PIXMA MP240 in the list of printer. How can I install this driver ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Since the printer was retired there is no alternate driver that can be used for the operating system you are running. 

Since the printer is not compatible with your operating system, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Since the printer was retired there is no alternate driver that can be used for the operating system you are running. 

Since the printer is not compatible with your operating system, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer

Hello Arthur J.

My problem is similar to above.  I have a new laptop with Windows 10.  I have a rarely used Pixma MP210 which worked well when last used a few months ago.  I cannot locate drivers for this printer, to install on my laptop.  Just bought new ink…….please help.

I am absolutely livid about the appalling behavior displayed by Canon regarding their blatant disregard for sustainability and consumer rights. How dare you render my Canon printer obsolete after a mere 10 years of use, leaving me unable to utilize a product I invested my hard-earned money in? When I purchased my Canon printer, not once was I informed that it would only be supported for a limited time. It is utterly unacceptable that Canon is still selling ink for these outdated models, preying on consumers without a care for the environmental impact or the financial strain it puts on us. Canon's greed-driven tactics demonstrate a complete lack of concern for the future of our planet and our children. By promoting planned obsolescence, Canon is contributing to the mountains of electronic waste polluting our environment, all in the name of profit. I demand immediate action from Canon to rectify this situation. Either provide long-term support for your products or offer fair compensation for those of us who have been duped into purchasing equipment with such a short lifespan. Until Canon takes responsibility for their actions and starts prioritizing sustainability and consumer rights over profit margins, I will actively discourage others from supporting your company. 
Someone from EUROPE

We're Canon USA. Contact Canon Europe if you have questions.

Announcements