cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Find Scanned Images

oldengoldie
Apprentice

Scan seems to work but I can’t find the image. Says it’s scanning to “usb local” and I have no clue what that means. Can’t find image anywhere.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, oldengoodie!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon model you're using and which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

TR8620 Win10 latest update

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi oldengoldie! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. You mention that LOCAL USB is selected on the display of your Canon PIXMA TR8620. That means it will send the scans to the computer that is being connected with a USB cable. If that is how you have the printer connected to your computer, the scanning software will save the scanned images to your computer’s Documents folder.

The Document folder is the default folder for all the scanned images (documents and photos). You can change the default location by opening the IJ Scan Utility program and clicking on the Settings button.

To open the Documents folder on a Windows 10 computer, you can click on the File Explorer icon (looks like a yellow folder) located in the bar at the very bottom of the computer screen. When the File Explorer window opens, click on DOCUMENTS on the left side of that window (below This PC).

If you need more information about scanning from the printer’s operation panel, you can visit the following section of the manual:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TR8600%20series/EN/UG/ug-059.html

For help with using the IJ Scan Utility program on your Windows computer, you can visit the following page instead:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/TR8600%20series/1.1/EN/SU/su_scan01_w.html

I hope this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

Not in my documents folder. gave up.

Announcements