cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why will my canon MG 3122 not communicate with my computer?

TJK
Apprentice

Why will my Canon MG3122 not communicate with my computer? This printer was previously installed on a computer running windows xp.  I recently purchased a computer running windows 8.  Installed the software that came with the printer and after installation it says it is communicating with printer and then states that an error has occured.

3 REPLIES 3

Julius
Rising Star

Hi TJK,

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, please let us know if you are connecting the printer with a USB or wireless connection.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our technical support team is ready to help!  Reach them at http://bit.ly/Phone_Support.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I was using the printer wth this computer-moved the computer to another location and it stopped communicating with computer any suggestions on how t solve this problem

Hi cherylbubba,

If the equiment has been moved, the network configuration may have changed also.  I recommend printing the Network Configuration Page to determine your signal strength and IP address.  The method for printing this page does vary by model, but you can find the instructions in our knowledge base HERE.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements