cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer and laptop

cbeard3
Apprentice

So now am I able to print anything from my laptop to my printer? Do I have to have a USB cord hooked up to them both? It's wireless.

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what printer model you're using, and the operating system on your laptop (i.e. Windows 8, Windows XP, Mac OS, etc). Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue! Thanks and have a great day!

I have a Windows 8 laptop.  My printer is a Canon Pixma MG5320.  It suppose to be wireless, print, scan, and copy.  I can print pictures and make it however I like.  It's almost like being at Kinkos.  That's about all I can think about that might help.  Why can't I install Adobe Flash Player?

Hi cbeard3,

In regards to the issue you are having with printing wirelessly, I would like to see if the printer is configured properly for wireless.  Please try the following:

1.  Put your mouse in the top right corner and click Settings.

2.  Click Control Panel.

3.  Click Hardware and Sound.

4.  Click Devices and Printers.

5.  Right click the PIXMA MG5320 Printer and click Printer Properties.

6.  Click the Ports tab.

7.  Make sure that the checkmark is on the port that starts with CNBJNP, then click OK and try to print.

If the CNBJNP port was already selected please try right clicking the PIXMA MG5320 printer and click See Whats Printing.  When the print queue opens, click Printer and remove the checkmark on Use Printer Offline by clicking on it, then try printing again.

Regarding the issue with flash, the printer should not interfere with this.  There may be something else on your computer preventing you from updating Flash.  I would recommend checking with your Internet provider for assistance with this.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So far I was doing everything as given to do.  I ran into a little problem, how do I find the Hp ePrint address.  I thought it was my email address but of course its not.  So I'm lost right now.  I know what the IP address is.  I don't know what they mean by Hostname.  Is that me?  It also asking for the wireless direct name.  I assume that is the name of the printer?.  So now I need to know basically, the Hp ePrint address, what's the host name, and is the wireless direct name for the printer.

1.  Hp ePrint address

2.  Ip address

3.  Host name

4.  Wireless direct name

Thank you for taking the time to explain this.

Samsung 10.1 Tablet
Announcements