cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbox Not Recognizing Scanner

pleasehelpme
Apprentice

Greetings,

I got a computer from a friend when mine broke. It's running Vista OS. I don't have the disk that came with my Imageclass D480. I downloaded the drivers from Canon. The printer is working. I downloaded MF Toolbox. It's not recognizing that I have the D480. It's recognizing another Canon printer I have on here. I don't want to remove that printer because I use it also and don't have the disk for it. Any suggestions on how to get my scanner working please?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hi pleasehelpme,

There are a few possible causes of the issue such as your connection type, if the scanner driver has been fully installed or if the correct scanning mode is enabled. 

A common cause is the scan mode setting differing from the connection type between your laser printer and computer.  For example, if you have a USB connection, please check the scan mode by pressing the [Scan] button twice to get to <USB SCANNING>; then attempt to scan again.

However, if this has already been checked or further assistance is needed, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help you further.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Jean1
Apprentice

I have an MF4150 scanner and I have downloaded the drivers for Windows 10, but toolbox does not recognize the scanner.  Any suggestions?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements