cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mx922 won't print after I changed ink during a print job

crewser
Apprentice

I am having trouble printing after changing ink during a print job. I know now that was a mistake but it's done. I remembered I was out of ink and thought the machine would just complete the job after I was done. I keep getting error code 6000. It says cancel the print job, turn off the computer and turn it back on. I've done that as well as cancelling the job, turning off the computer and unplugging the machine waiting 15 minutes and still the same error. I have done these steps multiple times and once I thought everything was clear and tried printing another job and the same error occured again. Any ideas? I am at a loss and I just installed $60 in ink and needing to print some items. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi crewser,

You can try removing and reseating all of the ink tanks and print head in the printer to try and resolve the 6000 error.  If you still receive the error, and resetting does not resolve it, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Unfortunately that did not work. I appreciate your advice, I just wish it weren't so easy to mess the printer up. It seems something simple like changing ink during a print job shouldn't cause the printer to lock up. I am not sure if the warranty will cover the issue but I sure hope so.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements