cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020 how to bypass the rear paper feed?

CanonCindy
Apprentice

I generally do not use the rear paper feed on my new G7020. Every time I print it want to go to the rear paper feed! How to disable or change so printing is done from the front paper feed? Help!

6 REPLIES 6

PHL1365
Contributor

I've been having this issue also (or more specifically, my wife has).

She's using a Mac, with a mixture of Google Docs, Office 365, etc. She doesn't really understand the difference between these different apps.

Anyway, between these different apps, one of the print drivers gets set to "Use previous print settings" or something similar. Once she sets it to use the rear feed (for cardstock or photo paper), she forgets to reset it to use the cassette feed.

We had a similar issue with copying. Somewhere along the way, the copy settings were defaulted to using photo paper from the rear feed. Had to work through the menu settings on the (very poor) LCD interface to reset it back to normal defaults (cassette, regular paper, standard quality).

As much as it pained me to do so, I had to read the manual and figured out how to correct this.

I think there are ways to configure "Preset" configurations on the Mac driver, but I don't know if Google Docs supports this.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi CanonCindy,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Please display all advise on this subject!!

PhotoPilot
Apprentice

I've had this problem off and on for a year now.  The software in the printer fails to allow the user to solve the problem.  Rear tray issues are the bane of this printer.  I never use it, but it always defaults to it until I call support who spends 10 minutes resolving what should be obvious to the user.  Poor software design.  

jrmir5000
Apprentice

I had the same problem. It would only print from the rear feed. I found the solution that works for me, and now the printer prints as it did in the beginning. How did the error occur? Answer: It appears that if you try to print from the rear feed and use the wrong paper, the software detects what you did and for some inexplicable reason forever forces you to use the rear feed with the right paper in the future. After a lot of effort, I read that the dialogue box when you go to print is most likely at fault. At the very bottom is the option to adjust the page setup, and this overrides any other instructions.  It is easy to miss this option. This is where you have the power to override any other controls when setting parameters in the printing dialogue options. Select the options for which paper tray option there.  Also go through every part of the options to print, since every page has options that may affect the outcome. I was able to go back to selecting which tray to use for printing and the rear tray behaves as it should when printing pictures. I am enjoying the GX7060 again now as it is fast and produces great results again. I do think some menus could be simplified, especially when scanning but practice and experimenting helps sort out what to do. Best wishes to those with this problem. It can be very frustrating. If necessary, contact customer support. Hopefully they can help too   but this post may be what you need to know. 

PhotoPilot
Apprentice

I solved the problem.  The printer is now in the dump.  This is not the only firmware/software problem I’ve had with Canon.  They are refusing to provide drivers for their older printers for the last two Apple OS’s.  Hope others can get their Canon printers to work.  I went elsewhere for my printing needs.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements