cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS9120 Error code 2,157,50

Majorharper
Apprentice

Hi

I recently bought a Canon TS9120, for the first week it worked fine, scanned pictures and documents no issues. Now this week it keeps giving me the error code 2, 157, 50. I am using Windows 10

-Scanner is turned off

-(If using Wired LAN connection) It is disconnected from Wired LAN.

-(If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.

-(Network connection is prohibited by security software.

-Different scanner on the network is selected.

Ok so here is what I tried:

Turning windows defender off

Signal strength on the printer is 73-75%

Using a completely different computer

Scanning from the printer

Scanning from the computer (the two computers)

Reinstalling drivers

Restarting PC

Restarting Printer

Deselecting and reselecting printer in the Scanner Selection Menu

Reconnecting the printer to the wifi by re-entering the password

I am all out of ideas and I need to scan important documents...

When I start the scan from the printer, I will have the window pop up on my PC showing the scan is in progress. Once the scan is complete I get the error ScanGear Cannont communicate with scanner....

I can print from my PC without any issues, so the communication is working between the printer, router, and computer...

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Majorharper
Apprentice

BUMP........

Hi, Majorharper!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Darius
Whiz

Hi Majorharper.

If you haven't already done so, try opening the printer's Remote UI. This will help confirm whether the router is allowing the printer to communicate back to the computer.  If you are using a signal extender, or a dual-band router, it may cause issues for the printer's ability to respond to the computer across the network.  You may, alternatively, use the computer's PING command to check the same (open the command prompt and type in the word "ping" followed by the printer's IP address).

If the Remote UI opens, then the problem is more likely with conflicting software on the computer.  You can try moving all folders from the "C:\ Windows \ TWAIN_32" folder (leave "wiatwain.ds" in there), then trying to scan again.  If this corrects the problem, then another imaging program on the computer is interfering with the TS9120's ability to scan.

If moving the folders from the TWAIN_32 folder doesn't correct the issue, then please contact our phone-based support for further assistance.  Create or log into a Canon Account and register your printer HERE for your personalized support options.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements