cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 450 PRINTER SLOW PRINT

MINNIEPEARL
Apprentice

MY MX 450 PRINTER HAS STARTED PRINTING VERY SLOWLY.  AN ADVERAGE DOCUMENT WHICH TAKSE ONLY SECONDS TO PRINT, NOW TAKES SEVERAL MINUTES.

I REPLACED AN EMPTY CARTRIDGE AND WHEN I TRIED TO PRINT, THIS ISSUE BEGAN.  THINKING IT WAS A BAD CARTRIDGE I TRIED ANOTHER ONE, BUT THE PROBLEM CONTINUES.

I HAVE TRIED ALL MAINTANIENCE, INCLUDING DEEP CLEANING THE NOZZELS .

I UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED THE PRINTER, BUT NOTHING HAS HELPED.

CAN ANYONE HELP?

THANKS,

LOREN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi MINNIEPEARL.

If the slow performance is occurring even when making copies, then the likely causes are:

• The room is too cold; ensure the room is at least about 60 ~75 degrees Fahrenheit.

• Quality settings have been set to high/fine.  Lower them to Standard or Draft for faster print times.
  • The inks installed are non-Canon, refilled, or remanufactured inks.  Replace them with fresh Canon genuine inks.

• The printer's hardware is wearing out, and the printer will need to be replaced.

In the case that the printer needs to be replaced, and you are located in the U.S., you are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.

If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back of or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

If you're located outside of the U.S., contact your local branch of Canon for available support options.  You may find the correct website using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please tell us the following:

1.  What version of Windows or Mac OSX is on your computer?

2.  Is the printer being used wirelessly or with a direct USB cable connection to the computer?

3.  Try performing a copy directly from the printer.  Does the copy also print out slowly?

Once we have this information we will try to assist you further.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I AM OPERATING ON WINDOWS 8.1, WIRELESS CONNEKCTION, AND THE PRINTER ALSO PRINTS SLOWLY

WHEN I TRY TO COPY DIRECTLY FROM THE PRINTER.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH GFOR YOUR HELP.

SINCERELY,

LOREN

Hi MINNIEPEARL.

If the slow performance is occurring even when making copies, then the likely causes are:

• The room is too cold; ensure the room is at least about 60 ~75 degrees Fahrenheit.

• Quality settings have been set to high/fine.  Lower them to Standard or Draft for faster print times.
  • The inks installed are non-Canon, refilled, or remanufactured inks.  Replace them with fresh Canon genuine inks.

• The printer's hardware is wearing out, and the printer will need to be replaced.

In the case that the printer needs to be replaced, and you are located in the U.S., you are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.

If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back of or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

If you're located outside of the U.S., contact your local branch of Canon for available support options.  You may find the correct website using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

Announcements