Point & Shoot Digital Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot G12 malfunction

Hi, I've had a recurring problem with my Powershot G12 basically since I bought it a few years ago. After working properly for about a year, the photos all of a suddne appeared overexposed (like in a negative, with bright parts in pink/purple). As it...

sylvia1 by Apprentice
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Lightroom will not recognize G9X with a iMac

Lightroom will not recognize G9X with a iMac I have download several Canon software programs and while most of them say, No camera was found.A program titled CameraWindow DC 8.bundle will open but it asks to open an older photo app that I no longer u...

Greg14 by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I upload photos to PC?

Just bought a Canon SX60 HS today. How are you supposed to upload photos to a PC without them providing a USB lead? I keep going round in circles on this, getting directed to download CameraWindow but it only seems to go to a smartphone rather than a...

Dion by Contributor
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon G5X

Last year I bought a Canon G5X and now I am looking for a wireless remote control.   I saw on the Canon website a Remote Switch RS-60E3 but I prefer a device wireless. Can I use the RC-6 Wirless remote control with the camera? Do they match? 

Pulula by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

IXUS 230 HS max SD card size

The manual shows the holding capacity of a 4GB and 16GB SD card, but not the maxium sized card it can use. I mainly want the camera for 1080p video, which uses a lot of capacity, and was wondeing how big a card it will take. Thanks

Old-Grey by Apprentice
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon G9X vs SX720HS

Hi people! Im very hesitant between the G9X and SX720HS, is there a big difference in terms of image quality? is the 1" sensor on the g9x a big step up ? is the 40x on the SX720hs really the biggest advantage only? thx

18inch by Apprentice
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

What cable to order for a PS G9 X

What cable to order for a PS G9 X I ordered a cable from Amazon that said it was for the Canon Power shot.I guess that either there are different Power shot cable plugs or they mislabeled their product.Can someone describe to me what cable to use(Des...

Greg14 by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! G7xii vignetting

Have new G7xii which exhibits severe vignetting when shooting RAW at widest angle. This is not apparent when using "Quick Look" in Finder Mac OS X Sierra. But when I import the RAW file into Affinity Photo it is quite pronounced. Have others experien...

Connecting a PowerShot to a New MacBook

I have a PowerShot A4000 IS.  It came with a cable that allowed me to hook it into my MacBook.  I am guessing the end that connected to the camera is a USB 2.0 mini Type B plug (five position).  The other end is a USB 2.0 type A plug. I recently purh...

SM325 by Apprentice
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

PowerShot SX160 IS not shooting photos

I'm new to this forum and I apologize if this has been answered before; I tried searching and didn't get an answer.I'm having trouble with my Canon Powershot SX160 IS. The camera will not shoot when the shutter button is pressed in any mode, lighting...

Powershot Elph 360 & 160 video file formats

Hello, My son and I each have a Powershot Elph - mine is the 360, his is the 160. We take them on our scout camping trips.  We've discovered a difference in the way our respective cameras record video. Mine records the video in .MP4 format, while his...

texell by Apprentice
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements