cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Images to SmartPhone Connection Error - PowerShot ELPH 530 HS (IXUS 510 HS)

Raheenr7
Apprentice

IMG_1591.jpeg

I just bought PowerShot ELPH 530 HS (IXUS 510 HS). How do I transfer photos to my iPhone? I have the Canon Camera Connect app but this model is not listed on the app. I also tried image.cannon. Also, my camera keeps saying Connection Failed after I do the instructions on how to connect my phone to the camera.

7 REPLIES 7

normadel
Authority
Authority

You just bought this camera? It's ten years old. It doesn't have the ability to connect to phones. 

it has wifi

how do i transfer images then?

You transfer images the way it's been done since long before cameras had WiFi. Connect camera to computer with a USB A-to-mini B cable, or take the memory card out, put it in a USB card reader, and plug it into computer.

Either way, the memory card shows up as a drive. Open it, open the DCIM folder, and move your files from it.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Afraid your options are limited here.  USB Cable or Card Reader

PowerShot ELPH 530 HS - Canon Camera Museum (global.canon)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

alpg49
Enthusiast

Similar issues here.  Canon doesn't support wifi connection to Windows 11 for either of my cameras. Also, they don't support the new Android phones for NFC connection.  The word "upgrade" should never appear without quotation marks around it.  

This is not relevant to the OP, and is considered spam. I recommend contacting support directly for your issue, not posting on other people's threads.

Announcements