cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX420 will no longer enter Live mode

RommelDAK
Apprentice

Apologies if this was addressed elsewhere, I could not find it. I have tried and tried to figure this out. When I hit the Auto button, it only toggles between Auto and Face Self Timer--no Live mode. I have tried holding down the button longer, selecting factory reset, removing the batter and holding down the power button and more.

Can anyone help? My wife's birthday present has become considerably less useful!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi RommelDAK,

Thanks for posting.

The AUTO button allows you to choose between "Auto" and another mode, that you choose- in this case, Face Self-Timer.

To change this setting, press the Auto button to choose "Face Self-Timer", then press the FUNC SET button. In the menu that appears, scroll down to "Face Self-Timer", then press the RIGHT arrow button. You'll now be able to use the UP or DOWN arrows to select the mode of your choice. Once selected, press the FUNC SET button to lock in your choice.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi RommelDAK,

Thanks for posting.

The AUTO button allows you to choose between "Auto" and another mode, that you choose- in this case, Face Self-Timer.

To change this setting, press the Auto button to choose "Face Self-Timer", then press the FUNC SET button. In the menu that appears, scroll down to "Face Self-Timer", then press the RIGHT arrow button. You'll now be able to use the UP or DOWN arrows to select the mode of your choice. Once selected, press the FUNC SET button to lock in your choice.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

THAT DID IT! Thanks very much!

Richard your answer helped me as well. It was not clear to me in the Canon manual for the SX400IS that EVERY TIME that you press on the "Auto" button, the camera will "TOGGLE" back and forth between "Auto" or any ONE OTHER (and only one) setting selected by the user (ex: P Mode, Live, Portrait, Vivid Colors, Snow, etc) from several choices.

This is sorta like a "bookmark" which allows the user to switch quickly (back and forth) between "Auto" and any other setting that the user wishes to have quick access to.  So like (for example) if it's winter the user may want to be able to switch from "Auto" to the "Snow" settings when taking photos in a snowy environment. 

RommelDAK
Apprentice
Thanks very much! I'm out of town and away from the camera right now but I'll give it a shot when I return.
Announcements