cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD Screen Care

Howard
Apprentice

What is recommended for the protection, care and cleaning of the LCD screen on a PS Elph 550 HS?

1 REPLY 1

Davy
Rising Star

Canon forum, and no replies... sigh!

Well one thing you don't do with any screen, plastic, glass or otherwise don't go using any poilish any shape or form, OK to use polish that is designed for LCD screens be sure to note the difference between glass and plastic, never to use paper to wipe either.

The screen *may* be coated with antiglare coating and this is easily removable... I saw one guy use washing up liquid and he wondered why there were clear blotches. You can be safe using a lens cleaning cloth.

The best bet is to get a stick on protection film, simply do a search for LCD protection for a ##### camera, you shouldn't have no trouble, these also prevent scratches too.

Off topic:

Could be used on plastic screens..... but beware the antiglare coating, did you know the easy way to get scratches out CDs & DVD's.... No, no fancy polish - toothpaste rubbed on with a finger or lint free soft cloth!

Never use circular motions otherwise you'll get microscopic scratches you usually see in a bright light, always use a straight line from inner to outer one direction only.

Should your LCD be splashed use a drop or two of slightly warm water on a lint free cloth, I did say a drop or two not a gallon or two, you want it slightly moist not sogging wet.

I've got deep scratches out of glass TV screens using engine grinding paste that you use on pistons, this side of the pond (UK) we call it Chemco, theres a fine end and a rough end on the blue and stripped tin you get from car accessory shops.

... takes a lot of rubbing, the sercret here is to use circular motion, don't want it look like  camera lens - concave!

Dave

Announcements