cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX50 HS and DR correction

fyigmo63
Enthusiast

Hello everyone, I'm a new Canon owner and exploring my new camera, but I'm no novice to photography with 30 years experience from film through digital.

Anyway, I wondered if any fellow SX50 owners can help me to access the DR correction feature.  Page 120 from the user guide clearly refers to Dynamic Range Correction, and as instructed I press the Function/Set button and open the menu, but the Dynamic Range Correction icon located immediately above the AWB icon is not highlighted and I cannot scroll to it or otherwise engage that feature.  I have tried all shooting modes and nothing works, including setting the shooting modes (M, Av, Tv, P) with ISO set variously in each mode at 200, 320, and 400, and yet I am still unable to access DR Correction as the icon does not "illuminate" and scrolling through the menu items I am still unable to select the DR Correction icon.

Am I still doing something wrong, or is my camera in need of a trip to a Canon service center?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Sam8902
Apprentice

Just purchased my SX50 today and am still playing with it.  I tried with my camera and it looks like you need to be in "P" mode and then scroll to the bottom and go as far as you can and then you will find it.

Okay, it finally took a phone call to Canon tech support to get this one figured out.  The reason I couldn't access Dynamic Range Correction in any of the user guide prescribed shooting modes was because I had the camera set to RAW instead of JPEG.  Once you change that setting DR Correction can be accessed.  Makes sense to me now considering that the camera is processing the image so the end result must be a JPEG.

Anyway, the technician verified that the RAW/JPEG setting with DR Correction was not included in the user manual and that  a change would have to be made.  Thought you all would appreciate the update.

Announcements