cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have Canon power shot and my lens will not retract. I did not drop and happened while taking a pi

dr1
Apprentice

How can I get my lens to retract?

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You have to call Canon and get it repaired. It might not be worth it.

@kvbarkley wrote:

You have to call Canon and get it repaired. It might not be worth it.

How would you check it for a piece dirt, or foreign debris? 

Those inexpensive "point and shoot" cameras are nice, until something goes wrong with one of them.  Unfortunately, that is when people discover that the cost of labor per hour [$200] is more than what they paid for the camera.  They begin to realize that their camera is really just a fancy disposable camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Not easily. These assemblies are the kind that when you finally figure out how to get it apart, it just falls into pieces in your hand and you have no idea how to get them back together.

Why so condescending? It's only a camera that someone has.

smack53
Mentor

If the camera has a lot of sentimental value, you might try a place called Cameras and Parts. I used them to repair my PowerShot G12 for the lens error and a flash error. They did a great job. You can google them and see if your camera model is on the list of cameras that can be repaired by them. However, keep in mind that the cost could approach the value of the camera. You did not mention which camera model you have.

I am assuming of course that your camera is out of warranty. If it is still under warranty, then contact Canon for repair work.

Steve M.

Announcements