cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I change the size of downloaded photos, my photo editor won't open, it says too big...

aceteleman
Contributor

I recently replaced my Powershot A60 with a Powershot SX170 IS and really haven't had time to go through everything yet. But my question is this, when I download photos to my computer and try to open them in my photo editor the photo editor tells me the photo is to big and won't open it. I tried to reset this in the camera but perhaps I didn't do it right because the editor still says it's too big. How do I change this???

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

John_
Authority

On your camera press Menu, then Resize while in Play mode. Use the left-right arrows or the dial to find the image then press the Func.Set button to select it. Use the left-right arrows again or turn the dial again to choose a smaller image size then press the Funct. Set button again. Then select Save with the arrows or dial. Thats it.

You cannot resize imgages shot at the Small S setting and there must be enough room on your memory card to do the resizing.

Im curious what editor software you are using though ?

Thanks, got that figured out now....

hsbn
Whiz
What editor do you use? That is weird, I know editor has some image size limit but normally it's really really big. For example, Photoshop Element is 30,000 x 30,000 pixel.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

hsbn..I was thinking the same thing about the software editior the A170 is shooting in standard images sizes L, M, S etc.

Either the program is a very basic one or the computer doesn't have enough memory. Try another editing program such as Picasa of Faststone, both of which are FREE. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

I'll check those out, thanks...

I tried several but basically I use Microsoft Photo Editor which was a part of Office 2000. I also tried Ashampoo Photo Commander with same result. I never do anything real fancy that would require anything like Photoshop, basic cropping or just use to view images mostly.....

Announcements