cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Powershot SX700hs

mrbensteele
Contributor

Hello everyone, I know this camera isnt very recent but I hope someone can assist me.

I just bought this camera from someone else and cant figure out a few things.

I went through the menus for sharing but when I access the "mail" section it has several User names but no means to remove them? I just want to completely reset everything but Restoring defaults had no effect.

Suggests welcome.

Thanks

-Ben

5 REPLIES 5

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mrbensteele,

Thanks for checking in with us.

We aren't able to provide forum support for that PowerShot model. If you don't hear from anyone else on the forum, you may wish to call our support line at (800)652-2666 on M-F from 9am-7pm EST and listen for our PowerShot department.

mrbensteele
Contributor
I don't accept that as an answer from the company who made the camera, maybe you aren't versed in the subject but you should be or maybe someone who is knowledgeable with this camera should have chosen to answer. I'm not stupid enough to call canon and be forced to pay to find a solution that should be available here by a qualified canon support agent. I am aware after time here that canon refuses to update certain cameras and their upload ability, undoubtedly a mistake, but it's hard to believe that no one from canon could help me to figure out one very simple thing which isn't in the manual either, that is how the hell can I remove mail contacts from the camera? Now, as a life long loyal canon owner I ask, find someone who knows something.

When resetting the entire camera, it will not remove information set within the wireless settings option of the PowerShot SX700 HS. To remove any email address which may be associated with the wireless feature, you will need to clear the camera’s wireless settings. This can be done by going into the camera’s menu and selecting the “Wi-Fi Settings…” option. From there, select “Reset Settings…” followed by selecting “OK” to confirm.

If the above option does not resolve the issue, then we would suggest to have you contact our technical support team for further assistance. They can be reached 1-800-652-2666 and are available Monday - Friday from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET.

Thank you, after multiple, like a half dozen attempts it did finally erase the contacts. Im glad you chimes in.

mrbensteele
Contributor
The title says it all but I will explain. When I got this camera it had already been used and names had been input under the email upload/send option but no way to remove or add another. The manual says nothing from what I've seen and it seems no one knows so I'm here asking. Tried asking before but as per usual canon answers but gives a routine copy/paste resolution without actually answering anything, canon just doesn't have any desire to help unless paid.
Announcements