Own a Canon PowerShot SX280 HS. The WiFi has been working fine to the iPad until to-day. Have re-set the camera and re-installed the software on the iPad but the results are the same. The camera communicates to the network, finds the ipad and then says 'Communication Failed'. Have run out of ideas.
- Connecting a camera to a computer with Wi-Fi requires Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X v10.6.8, Mac OS X v10.7, Mac OS X v10.8.2 or later.
NOTEWhen making the settings for a wireless LAN for the first time, a screen will appear for you to register a nickname for the camera.Press the <FUNC./SET> () button to access the keyboard, and then enter a nickname. This nickname will appear on other devices on the wireless LAN when connecting from them.
- For more information on individual encryption methods, refer to Explanation of wireless networking terms.
NOTEIf a screen like the one below appears, check the settings on the device you want to connect to.After checking the settings, choose [Search Again] to retry the connection.
- When connecting the camera to a computer for the first time, it is necessary to follow the steps below to install a driver on the computer (Windows only).Click [Control Panel] > [Network and Internet] > [View network computers and devices], and then double-click the connected model on the [Other Devices] screen to start the installation of the driver.
Thank you for your repy but don't think that is the solution. Just to reiterate:
- can connect to the wifi
- the camera finds the target device (in this case the ipad). Even changed the name of the device and it finds it O.K.
- it asks whether you want the target device to access the photos
- answer 'yes' and the 'communication failed' message appears
Bearing in mind this was all working fine a couple of days ago.
Funny thing, it works now, without going through those steps. Maybe the settings were set properly first, which was a couple of weeks ago, and all I had to do now was turn everything off, and turn it back on, skipping the part about the settings.
I have the iphone's hotspot on first (but not bluetooth). Then the camera, and hit wifi. It asks to turn on Bluetooth, but I didn't do that.
The screen shows "start dedicaed app on target device" (which is Camera Connect). Then it asks to start bluetooth, which I didn't bother to do.
And it connected, just fine, and I sent a couple of pictures to the phone.
I did this a few times to make sure it would repeat; one time, the screen asking for the WPS and so on came up, but I started over again, and it just worked as described before. So there is a random element here, which may just be something I did differently.