cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Connect PowerShot SX70 HS to Canon Camera Connect

fweiss1
Apprentice

I can't connect my PowerShot SX70 HS to the Canon Camera Connect.  I have tried WiFi and Bluetooth connections and neither works.

I am using the latest app version on Samsung cell phone with Android v12.  The camera and cell phone are next to each other, therefore no distance issues.

I have a Powershot SX720 HS and the Canon Camera Connect app work the first time I tried to connect within 10 seconds.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi fweiss1,

When wifi isn't reconnecting we recommend clearing the wifi settings and starting a fresh connection. To do that press the Menu button on the camera, go to the wrench tab, select Wireless Settings, and choose Reset Settings. Once you've done that it will clear the wifi on the camera. When that is completed follow the set-up steps on pages 116-117 of the manual to re-establish the connection.

If you need a copy of the manual it is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the gray Manuals button and the one to reference is named PowerShot SX720 HS Camera User Guide.

If the issue continues after resetting the wifi we would recommend calling in to the phone support team for further trouble shooting. They can be reached at 1-800-652-2666 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern time Monday through Friday.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi fweiss1,

When wifi isn't reconnecting we recommend clearing the wifi settings and starting a fresh connection. To do that press the Menu button on the camera, go to the wrench tab, select Wireless Settings, and choose Reset Settings. Once you've done that it will clear the wifi on the camera. When that is completed follow the set-up steps on pages 116-117 of the manual to re-establish the connection.

If you need a copy of the manual it is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the gray Manuals button and the one to reference is named PowerShot SX720 HS Camera User Guide.

If the issue continues after resetting the wifi we would recommend calling in to the phone support team for further trouble shooting. They can be reached at 1-800-652-2666 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern time Monday through Friday.

Hello Hazel,

Thanks for your quick response.

My original post may have been a bit confusing because I have a SX70HS and SX720HS.  The SX720HS wireless connection works great and the link you provided is for that camera.

The wireless connection problem I'm having is with the SX70HS.  I was able to locate comparable instructions for it.  Too many options to choose from!

After reviewing it do I connect via:

1. Bluetooth (p 174-175)
  2. Bluetooth/WiFi (p 176-179)
  3. WiFi (p180-182) 

And, thank you in advance for your assistance.

Fred

I am having similar problems. I used to be to connect reliably with my old iPhone 8+. Thought it worked via Bluetooth. But stopped working when I got a new iPhone 13 last Fall. So Canon support helped me reset everything. But Canon seems to have changed the way I connected, appears they moved me to Wifi. And it wouldn't most a lot of the time. Now I cannot connect at ALL. I just tried "Clear Settings" which is same as "reset"? Not sure that worked. FYI my camera didn't offer "reset", just "clear settings". 

Most confusing part is same as above post: Do we use Wifi or Bluetooth? Camera Connect currently offers me two options with same "Nickname": Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Which should I choose esp. if I'm traveling without WifI?

Currently I'm at "Wireless Communication settings" > "Wifi: Enable" and "Bluetooth Function: Disable". But I cannot change latter to "Enable". And "Pairing" is grayed out!  The directions are too confusing and they don't match what I see on my camera and in the app. On camera I am also greeted with "Register a Device" but I already registered one. And then I can select a "smart phone" to connect to but it won't connect. It stuck with "Waiting to connect" in gray area at the top with "cancel" at bottom my only option other than "Switch Network".

Leaving for vacation without WiFi so seems Bluetooth would be more reliable. Hope Canon Support can talk to me this week from the road.

Thanks for any help....

Photo shows what I get if I choose "Wi-fi function" and "Connect to smartphone" " Select a device for connection" > "Register a device for connection" >  so that isn't working bc its always grayed out.

What I get if I choose "Wireless communication settings" > "Wifi Function" and "Connect to smartphone"What I get if I choose "Wireless communication settings" > "Wifi Function" and "Connect to smartphone"

Hello,

I'm still having difficulties. It does not work consistently.

Sorry I can't offer any more assistance.

Announcements