cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped PowerShot ELPH 350 HS and getting lens error

lisap16
Apprentice

Hi all,  I have a Canon Powershot 350HS that I accidentally dropped and am now getting a lens error and the camera shuts down.  Does anyone know if this is something than can be fixed?   If so, is it easily done or would I need to have  repairman fix it or is it probably cheaper just to purchase a new camera? 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Sorry for your misfortune.  This is not something you can repair.  Most likely a repair would cost more than a replacement.  

You can  start by registering your camera In the my Canon portal and initiating a repair request, you'll be given a quote.  

Next thing to do is look at the Canon refurbished store and consider a New or refurbished device.  The chance of you finding a comparable PowerShot model new is pretty low.  

You might also look in keh.com or the used departments at B&H or Adorama.

Regardless of the next camera you buy, please use a wrist strap.  It can save you a lot of grief.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements